Friday, January 21, 2011

You Caught Me, Red Handed

I've heard people say that "you're never too far gone". That no matter how far down you might be, there's a way out, or up or whatever. I think they're wrong, but they're also right. They're right in the fact that your never too far down. They're wrong by saying that there's always a way out. Sometimes there's not. Sometimes you fail. Maybe you go bankrupt. Maybe you get fired. None of those are ways out, they're merely new situations. New chances, I guess. But I'm not advocating these as 'feel good' quotes, and I'm not reading too much into something that may or may not be there. I'm just stating what they are.
For instance, I want to do these things with my life; Surf, help people feed themselves, and sleep soundly and drink coffee when I wake. Now I've had multiple 'revelations', 'encounters', or 'assurances' that this will be a most excellent thing to pursue, but I have my doubts. I have this unwaivering feeling that this endeavor will be embarked on alone. And you know what, I just don't have the energy right now to take on this task. I've made the reference many times that lately I feel like I'm on a treadmill. Running, running, running, and going nowhere. And really, this is the thing I'm most stressed about. I'm not looking to be great but I would like to make an impact some how, on as many people as I can. But like I said, my energy and resolve is about gone. And I feel that "no way out" scenario is beginning to be a possibility. The new situation scenario.
For me that "different situation" is getting a real job I don't like. For others, that my be the goal. To get paid for something. Not me, unless my job has an impact on people, I don't want it. I want to leave my stamp on something, on somebody, on some people. But it's especially hard when you lack support. Lack a strong group who are behind you, have the same passions, and concern for what you do. And I know my views are really quite different than most, but really? Out of everyone I've met, am I that different? Are my goals realistic or am I fooling myself? Am I just bad at rallying the troops? I mean I can't get travel companions for one week. How am I supposed to get people to believe in what I feel like needs to be done. It gets to me, it really does. I need something new.
Maybe I should change my situation now before it changes for me. Maybe I just need a good night's sleep or a long bike ride. What I really need is a surf, or a prayer. Maybe the morning will bring something new?

No comments:

Post a Comment